FTG News Feed
- I want to commend Frederick Title Group on the overall efficiency of the staff, especially Libby. They are very flexible with scheduling settlement times to meet not only my needs but the needs of my customers as well. The turn around time on the title binders is always fast and efficient. I enjoy working with a company who is so friendly and supportive of my business needs!
Mortgage Loan Officer
PNC Mortgage, a division of PNC Bank, NA
- I would like to commend Frederick Title Group for always providing excellent title services to my clients. FTG has a professional, experienced staff who provide top notch customer service that I am happy to refer my clients to again and again!
The Muren Team
Being previously in the mortgage business and now an agent over the last 4 years, I have had nothing but good experiences working with Frederick Title Group. Their entire team has a strong work ethic and is so diligent in doing what needs to be done to get each deal to closing. I appreciate the invaluable services they provide and recommend FTG highly!
J&B Realtors, Inc.
- I recently refinanced my mortgage and FTG provided the settlement services. Not only did FTG provide a problem-free, efficient and seamless experience, they were extremely pleasant and customer focused. Every aspect of their services was directed towards making the process not just hassle-free, but pleasant. This is the first time in 30 years of real estate transactions where I not only remember my settlement company but I will enthusiastically endorse them and will insist on using them in the future!
A “thank you” is certainly deserved for what my wife and I consider outstanding service and treatment by your staff on October 29 when we settled on a refinance of our home. From the onset, we were graciously greeted by your receptionist and a friendly attitude subsequently prevailed from all individuals we came in contact with. As for settlement itself, it was clearly one of the best we have ever experienced----and we have settled eight times on our lives. Katrina Hallein was especially thorough in explaining a multitude of complicated papers in a timely fashion. It was obvious that she is a settlement expert as well as an individual who is extremely polite and who also possesses a great sense of humor. As far as my wife and I are concerned, the “professionalism” was coined exclusively for a person like Katrina. Your firm can indeed take credit for having people like her on staff.
Richard P. Cheney
(not the Vice President)
With ten years in Real Estate, I can truly say I have experienced settlement and survived settlement. Today, I just experienced my first settlement with Frederick Title and it was GREAT!
Throughout the process, they were extremely friendly, gave very professional advice, and offered creative solutions to issues before they became ‘challenges.’ No matter the item, I was updated more frequently than the Blackberry ESPN app for scores.
Frederick Title provided a calm oasis in a chaotic sea of often-turbulent transaction. Thanks and we will do it again!
Turning Point Real Estate
Buying or selling real estate is typically complex and involves real estate agents, mortgage lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, and ultimately a Title Company. Although the title company does not represent any of these parties to the transaction, it is obligated to all of the parties and is the center of the transaction.
A Title Insurance Producer also known as the settlement officer has a duty to guarantee that the transaction follows the intent of the parties and the terms of the contract. Although there is a recent trend toward the “educated” Buyer and Seller, it is a fact that there are few who have even a basic knowledge of the settlement process. The settlement officer must be able to perform his or her duties while putting everyone at ease, developing their confidence, and remaining in control of the process.
At Frederick Title Group we are dedicated to serving all the parties to the transaction with the utmost integrity, impartiality, and respect. Whether you are a first time home buyer or an investor, re-financing your existing home or purchasing a vacation home, our expertise and knowledge make the settlement process efficient, smooth and stress free.
o Home Purchase Transactions
o Refinance Transactions
o Issuance of Title Insurance
o 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange
o Property Title Searches
o In-house Attorney Review
o Contract Review
o Judgment and Lien Searches
o Lien Release
o Order Surveys
o Deed Preparation
o Power of Attorney Preparation
o Subordination Preparation
o Escrow Disbursement
o Mobile Closing Available
o Fast Turnaround
o After-hour Closings
o Rush Orders Accepted
o Attention to Detail
What Does Title Insurance Protect You From?
- Documents executed under false, revoked or expired powers of attorney
- False impersonation of the true land owner
- Undisclosed heirs
- Improperly recorded legal documents
- Prescriptive rights in another not appearing of record and not disclosed by survey
- Failure to include necessary parties to certain judicial proceedings
- Defective acknowledgements due to improper or expired notarization
- Corporate franchise taxes as liens on corporate real estate assets
- Gaps in the chain of title
- Mistakes and omissions resulting in improper abstracting
- Forged deeds, mortgages, wills, releases of mortgages and other instruments
- Deeds by minors
- Deeds which appear absolute, but which are held to be equitable mortgages
- Conveyances by an heir, devisee or survivor of a joint estate who attempts to attain title by ill-gotten means
- Inadequate legal descriptions
- Conveyances by undisclosed divorced spouses
- Duress in execution of wills, deeds and instruments conveying or establishing title
- Issues involving delivery of conveyance instruments
- Deeds and wills by persons lacking legal capacity
- State inheritance and gift tax liens
- Errors in tax records
- Demolition and substandard building liens
- Administration of estates and probate of wills of missing persons who are presumed deceased
- Issues of rightful possession of the land
- Issues concerning the rightful conveyances by corporate entities
- Deeds and mortgages by foreigners who may lack legal capacity to hold title
- Legal capacity of foreign personal representatives and trustees
- Issues involving improper marital status
- Improper modification of documents
- Rights of divorced parties
- Conveyances in violation of public policy
- Misinterpretation of wills and ancillary instruments
- Deeds by persons falsely representing their marital status
- Claims by creditors of decedent against property improperly conveyed by heirs and devisees
- Issues concerning unlawful takings by eminent domain or condemnation
- Special tax assessments
- Real estate homestead exceptions
- Forfeitures of real property due to criminal acts
- Issues concerning adoption of children
- Conveyances and proceedings affecting rights of military personnel protected by the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Civil Relief Act
- Issues concerning interests noted in financial statements filed under Uniform Commercial Code
- Interests arising by deeds of fictitious parties
- Adverse possession
- Lack of jurisdiction or competency of persons in judicial proceedings
- Community property issues
- Utility easements
- False affidavits of death or heirship
- Intestate estates
- Probate matters
- Federal estate and gift tax liens
RealtorsFind out more
LendersFind out more
ConsumersFind out more